- Installation only by professionals.
- Study the manuals and datasheet instructions prior to the installation.
- The sensor must be pre-configured prior to installation (sending intervals, SIM cards, batteries).
- Further installation material is not included: couplings, extended cables, explosion proof connectors, etc. must be provided by the installation partner.
Fuel level sensor
The Tankmatix sensor head is mounted vertically to the tank via its connection thread (size G3/4), which is screwed directly into a standard threaded tank connection (thread connection, coupling or flange to be provided on site, not included).
- The ideal position depends on the tank, it should have enough distance to moving parts or obstacles, ideally located close to the center of the tank or close to an opening lid for installation reasons.
- First, you need to drill a whole into the tank and mount a coupling with a female thread.
- When welding the coupling make sure that the sensor can be installed vertical.
- Use a gasket.
- In case of rope probe you can fix the weights on the lower end so that it is not moving around.
- The sensor, the lids and mounting holes shall be closed firmly to avoid water, humidity.
- The sensor probe is delivered as rode probe (steal wire) or metall tube, depending on the tank situation.
Tankmatix-10 with separate GSM Transmission Box
Tankmatix-10 has a seperate GSM transmission box which holds the SIM card and main power connection.
- If you want to connect the GSM box to the main power, you need the right model for connection to 230 Volt AC or 12/24 Volt DC. As an alternative you can use 6 x Lithium AA batteries.
- The sim card must be already inserted.
- The GSM unit cannot be operated with batteries and main power connection at the same time.
- The installation shall be close to the sensor or close to the power connection and at a position that can be reached easier.
- You can mount the box with the mounting brackets which can be screwed into the drilled holes on the backside of the box.
- Close the box lid firmly to protect it against water or humidity.
Tankmatix-15 sensor without separate transmission box
The modell Tankmatix-15 has NO separate transmission box. SIM card and batteries are inside the sensor. External GSM antenna and GPS (optional) is available.
- The sensor configuration will trigger a sensor value (every 5 minutes, every, hour, daily). The LED inside the GSM box will shine during the transmission.
- The sensor values must be received correctyl in the GPS Fleet software. You will need the software access data to check the data.
- The input value is the distance between the sensor's upper end of the sensor probe to the fuel level, measured in millimetres.
- The values 1 and value 2 and the percentage figures can be configured in the softare.
- If the tank is empty, the input value in millimetres must be the total height of the tank. If the tank is full, the input value will be smaller, you can simulate a full tank by touching the probe e.g. 20 centimetres below the upper end and wait until the next measurement takes plce.